Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A new pair of eyes.

This has been on my mind all day. I thought how I used to spend time on Sunday's singing, talking, and hearing about Jesus, but now I get to spend actual time with Jesus. I get to be in his presence any time I choose to go to the church and kneel before him in the blessed sacrament. If you love someone you don't just talk about them and never go be with them. If you love them you want to be with them all the time.  I can do that any day of the week.  Christ's presence is real in the Eucharist.  Once I received this holy and divine presence of Christ's resurrected body in the form of the bread (Bread of the Presence in the Old Testament or Bread of the Face) I received a supernatural substance, an awareness of something greater was happening within me and outside of me, it was all around me, they were all around me. There was an awareness of the presence of the Saints that have gone before us.  Revelation 5:8 says that they lift up our prayers to God. So fascinating. Reading the Bible for the first time with a new pair of eyes, no Baptist glasses or Methodist glasses or Non-Denominational glasses (which is a denomination by-the-way) and things that were once unexplainable or seemed confusing that no one would give me a straight answer about are now understandable and making sense. How does that happen? Only by the Grace of God! I once was blind but now I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment